LOCK&LOCK is the Korean No.1 Kitchen Living Culture company. I was assigned to design a mascot that represents the brand for Taiwan's market. The mascot will be widely used for marketing purpose and to establish a newer and younger brand image.
The Market of Business Mascot in Taiwan
Business mascots are brand characters that can create an emotional connection with customers. Using a mascot as a marketing strategy is very common in Taiwan.
With its affable image and interactive ability, a mascot can bridge the customers with friendly interaction, which further increase the performance and impression of the brand.
Successful Business Mascot Case Study
"Hope every day is Sunday"
Company: Taiwan Life Insurance
Quality: Resonate with the user; promising service towards the people and society
"Imagination is your superpower."
Company: Lion Pencil
Quality: Bringing in a young and fresh image to the old brand
"Your new way of life, OPEN! "
Company: 7-ELEVEN Taiwan
Quality: Most well-known Taiwan business mascot currently; releasing 3D movie soon
"Fu-li (benefit) for you."
Company: PX Mart
Quality: First mascot in supermarket channel; Helps the growth on social media market
Why does LOCK&LOCK need a mascot?
1. To further promote the brand’s core value
2. Stimulate new types of interaction with the customer
3. Bridging the brand with up-coming millennial generation and revitalize the brand
35~45 years old
25~34 years old
Young office worker
18~24 years old
1. Currently no competitors in household products mascot
2. Will be the first one to reach the younger generation
3. Positive brand connection
4. Differentiation for others
1. Lack of experience for managing a mascot
2. Need a consistent and practical promotion plan to roll out the mascot
1. Mascot and cute character are trendy in Taiwan
2. Using the mascot on social media to gain a different customer base
3. Commercialized product
1. Increase of competitors
2. Market trend is changing raidly
LOCK&LOCK New Mascot Design Concept
Back to the origins, leading to the future.
People in Taiwan strongly associate the 4 side locking container with the brand LOCK&LOCK
Marketing Plan for Different Sales Channel and Application
Social Media and Web
1. Illustration to introduce new products on social media
2. Short animation explaining new products function
3. Advocating sales event
4. Website… etc.
1. Store/ shelf display
2. Product explanation POP
3. Gift stickers
4. Sales event display
5. Membership card design...etc.
Gift or commercialized product
2. Shopping bag
4. Stuffed toy...etc
1. Charity events
3. Cooking Classes
4. New products presentation event...etc.
1. LINE messenger stickers
2. Brand collaboration products
3. Event like redeem points at convenience store to get products
TV or Web Media
1. TV shopping channel
2. Cooking show
3. Youtube video
4. Online streaming...etc.